ShiiBooks

My Cup of Tea

The World of Ice and Fire: The Official History of Westeros and The World of A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin, Linda Antonsson, Elio M. Garcia jr.
Eleanor and Park
Rainbow Rowell

Divergent

Divergent - Veronica Roth Actually 3½ stars.

I started reading in a really bored mood. That feeling was what kept me going across the first couple of chapters, that otherwise would have been obnoxious.

It was definitely not a good idea to read this with a fresh memory of The Hunger Games saga. It makes everything seem quite familiar: the heroin, the distopian-segregated population...
This particular futuristic, pro-peace government idea is LAME, you can see the flaws on it from the very beggining, which makes the plot very predictable.
Another imperfection are the chapter punch lines for dummies, it's like "Yeah. I already knew that. What? Was it supposed to be shocking?"

However, somewhere in the middle, I really fell for Tris. In my opinion, she's a remarkable heroine. Very tiny, defenseless, insecure but brave, benevolent young girl. I like her A LOT. And I like the (kind of) simple love story. THANK YOU.

All in all, it's a really quick, entertaining reading. Good first book. I just hope they do it well enough to justify that second book.