ShiiBooks

My Cup of Tea

The World of Ice and Fire: The Official History of Westeros and The World of A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin, Linda Antonsson, Elio M. Garcia jr.
Eleanor and Park
Rainbow Rowell

Crown of Midnight

Crown of Midnight - Sarah J. Maas I'm apologizing now. I gave a warning in my Throne of Glass review about it being YA and hinting that was the reason that that book was a lot of chick-lit drama and too light for a fantasy.

So... this one is YA too, but it kicks TOG's ass!!!

The improvement is exponential! This book dives completly into fantasy and the assasins theme, and it slowly starts to display the complex world and back story that Sarah J. Maas has prepared for us.
I've just find out that this will be more than 3 books long. That really explains why the first book was so mild, and it really excites me because (as I said before) this world is full of potential.

Crown of Midnight is action packed, misterious, funny, dark and yet it keeps the girly fling to it and develops a lovely romance. Team Chaol over here! From the very begging!!
We get to see deeper into each one of the characters and to witness the appearance of new aspects of their personality.

Complaints:
1- Mental trauma is a too much used tool to confuse protagonists. Celaena gets a little annoying, like grab-her-by-the-shoulders-and-shake-her-like-crazy annoying.
2- There are a couple of too obvious hints (from both books in this series) about the major plot twist at the end that made it really predictable. But there are other really shocking ones so...we're ok!

Summing up: If this saga keeps this pace, [b:Heir of Fire|20613470|Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3)|Sarah J. Maas|https://d.gr-assets.com/books/1398368877s/20613470.jpg|25128502] will be epic!