ShiiBooks

My Cup of Tea

The World of Ice and Fire: The Official History of Westeros and The World of A Game of Thrones
George R.R. Martin, Linda Antonsson, Elio M. Garcia jr.
Eleanor and Park
Rainbow Rowell

Daughter of Smoke & Bone

Daughter of Smoke & Bone - Laini Taylor 4½ stars

I'd heard so many good thing about this book that I couldn't help my high expectations. So, for the first couple of chapters I was getting disapointed.

Karou (kickass name!!) is a 17 year old, blue-haired, tatooed girl who fills her art notebooks with drawing of mythical creatures, half beast-half humans. She gossips with her friends, and is stalked by a narcisistic ex-boyfriend that won't let her go. Quite mediocre..if it weren't for the fact that Karou is so much more than that. Her hair grows naturally on that lapis lazuli tone, and her adoptive family is conformed by those monsters represented on her notebooks. She knows nothing about her biological parents or the resons behind her teeth collecting errands made for Brimstone, the wishmonger. Her life between two worlds is a mistery for Karou, and that overwhelms her with sadness.

Akiva is a breath-taking beautiful angel, drained of any emotion, dead inside. His attention is captured by a really sad also beautiful girl, with the mark of the devil in her hands and whose smile could light up her face in a second, inspiring a hope that was long lost in him.

So many things in this book are cliches. This is the typical Romeo and Juliet, but represented in a whole different way. This is romance amazingly braided into magic and fantasy. You may not belive in magic or soul mates, but [a:Laini Taylor|324620|Laini Taylor|https://d202m5krfqbpi5.cloudfront.net/authors/1224474224p2/324620.jpg] will make you want to believe. The style of writting is truly delightful, slowly unveiling the secrets of this "another world" in an eternal war, building a fair-complicated background to our story.

“It is a condition of monsters that they do not perceive themselves as such. The dragon, you know, hunkered in the village devouring maidens, heard the townsfolk cry 'Monster!' and looked behind him.”